FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Today (Monday, October 22, 2012) is the 15th anniversary of the signing of the first Basin Street Records’ recording contract. It was a contract with Kermit Ruffins to record a pair of records, the first of which was recorded on November 14, 1997 in front of a packed house at Tipitina’s. That recording was later named The Barbecue Swingers Live and was released in February 1998.
Please join Kermit Ruffins and Basin Street Records when we return to the scene of that first recording, Tipitina’s, at 501 Napoleon Ave. in New Orleans, on Friday, November 16th, 2012 to celebrate 15 years and a dozen projects together.
Since that date Basin Street Records has signed a dozen artists and has released nearly 50 projects including 2012 Grammy winner Rebirth of New Orleans by the Rebirth Brass Band. For a complete list of artists, projects, photos and tour dates please click on www.BasinStreetRecords.com
Other spotlight shows in November helping Basin Street Records celebrate 15 years include:
* Rebirth Brass Band opening 8 shows for the Red Hot Chili Peppers Nov 14-26
* Jeremy Davenport at Jazz at the Bistro in St. Louis Nov 23-24
* Theresa Andersson at Byronz in Shreveport on Thursdays beginning November 29
* Jason Marsalis w/ Marcus Roberts at the London Jazz Festival Nov 17
* Irvin Mayfield’s NOJO Jam at Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse in New Orleans Wednesdays in November
* Dr.Michael White and the Original Liberty Jazz Band at Xavier University in New Orleans Nov 20
* Jon Cleary and the Absolute Monster Gentlemen at Tipitina’s in New Orleans Nov 23
Complete tour dates: http://www.BasinStreetRecords.com/on-tour
Sign up for Enews & receive 11 free tunes: http://www.BasinStreetRecords.com